New River WV (home)  : : Photo Gallery (home)

 Pax, WV 

The town of Pax was incorporated in 1920 and named for Pack's Branch, a tributary of Paint Creek. Pack's Branch, in turn, was named for a family hunters named "Pack" who camped near the present location of the town. Packs Mountain rises to the east of the community. Plum Orchard Lake is located a few miles northwest of Pax.

Bank Building at Pax, WV
Bank Building at Pax, WV

Stone Building Pax WV
Stone Building Pax WV

Pax WV
Pax WV

Log Building Pax WV
Log Building Pax WV

Welcome to Pax WV
Welcome to Pax WV

Church near Pax WV
Church near Pax WV

Public Library Pax WV
Public Library Pax WV

Cemetery Pax WV
Cemetery Pax WV

Community Building Pax WV
Community Building Pax WV

Paint Creek near Pax WV
Paint Creek near Pax WV

Coal Mining Operation Pax WV
Coal Mining Operation Pax WV

Powered by Gallery v1 RSS





Website Hosting &  
Web Design by:
WVWebsites.com

Copyright 2002-2011 by NewRiverWV.com -- All Rights Reserved
Contact :: Advertise