New River WV (home)  : : Photo Gallery (home)

 Lochgelly 



Lochgelly, formerly known as Stuart, was developed as a company owned mining town in the early 1900s by the Stuart Colliery Company. Shipment of coal from the Stuart mine began during the year ending June 30, 1905.

Photo of the Lochgelly coal plant, ca. 1950s
Photo of the Lochgelly coal plant, ca. 1950s

Photo of tipple and power house at Stuart when the Stuart mines were begin operated by the White Oak Fuel Company, ca. 1906
Photo of tipple and power house at Stuart when the Stuart mines were begin operated by the White Oak Fuel Company, ca. 1906

Powered by Gallery v1 RSS





Website Hosting &  
Web Design by:
WVWebsites.com

Copyright 2002-2011 by NewRiverWV.com -- All Rights Reserved
Contact :: Advertise