New River WV (home)  : : Photo Gallery (home)

 Whipple 



Whipple was developed as a company owned mining town in the early 1900s by the Whipple Colliery Company. Shipment of coal from the Whipple mine began during the year ending June 30, 1903.

Tipple and power house of the Whipple mining operation, ca. 1903
Tipple and power house of the Whipple mining operation, ca. 1903

Tipple of the Whipple coal plant at Whipple, WV, while being operated  by the New River Company, ca. 1950s
Tipple of the Whipple coal plant at Whipple, WV, while being operated by the New River Company, ca. 1950s

Powered by Gallery v1 RSS





Website Hosting &  
Web Design by:
WVWebsites.com

Copyright 2002-2011 by NewRiverWV.com -- All Rights Reserved
Contact :: Advertise